Porcupine Hills is situated along the Van Der Stel Pass. This allows access to various day-trip options beyond the boundaries of the farm. A few ideas can be seen below.
- Try the Cape Canopy Tour - a zip-line adventure in the Hottentots-Holland Reserve.
- Have a close encounter with the animals at Cornellskop Animal Farm.
- Take a drive along the R45 to Franschhoek along the Theewaterskloof Dam and over the majestic Franschhoek Pass.
- Visit neighbouring wine farms for tastings and lunches.
- The charming village of Greyton offers beautiful hikes, artisanal chocolate (von Geusau Chocolates) and great cycling.
- On the coast Hermanus boasts lovely beaches and whale sightings
- Visit Arabella, outside of Hermanus, for a round of golf.
- Take a short drive to the Elgin Valley wine-farms.